Annual Password Resets will begin December 17th
Click play to LISTEN to the article below
It’s that time of the year again!
As a part of our annual system-wide security enhancement process that we introduced last year, all publishers and other newspaper staff members will be prompted to change their passwords beginning on Thursday, December 17th.
This mandatory password change will be required for any Users that exist on your website with a role other than Subscriber, or in other words, any user with the ability to edit and publish content or otherwise customize the website.
Your subscribers will NOT need to change their passwords!
While this process will begin on the 17th, not everyone will be asked to change their password immediately. This will be a gradual process and all customers will have received a password reset request by the end of the year.
- All staff accounts will require “medium-strength” or higher passwords.
- All accounts with a role other than Subscriber will be prompted to Create A New Password that follows these password-strength requirements the next time they log in.
- All accounts with a role other than Subscriber that have not logged in during the past six months will have their password automatically reset to a randomly-generated, high-strength password.
For the most secure passwords, we recommend using a Secure Password Generator such as passwordsgenerator.net, as these services will generate a randomized string of characters that will meet all of the requirements for a strong password.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach us at email@example.com. We’d be happy to address any outstanding concerns regarding the password update.
- ← The Oh, So Special, “Special Character” Tool!
- Adding a Subscribe button to your custom newsletter →