Exporting Classified Ads with Reverse Publishing
Creating Your Ads Online
- From your WordPress Dashboard, find the link titled Classifieds and click Add New Classified.
- Enter a title for the ad, and enter the ad copy itself into the large textbox.
- Select a category and sub-category (if applicable) for your ad.
- Enter address & location information (if required)
- At the bottom of the right hand column is a box to upload attachments. Upload an image to display with your classified ad if you have one.
- Click “Publish” to publish the ad.
Exporting for Reverse Publishing
Once your ads are all published online, it is time to export the whole batch for placement in the print edition.
- From your WordPress Dashboard, find the link titled Classifieds Reverse Pub.
- Click the Settings tab to make sure your export settings are correct.
- Show Last Level Categories Only – Only show the category that the ad is assigned to, not the parents.
- Includes Titles In Export – Determines whether to include titles with each ad.
- Include Category Only Once In File – Determines whether a category is included only once per file, or if it is included for each individual ad.
- Include Images – Determines whether your export will include images.
- Once you’ve verified your settings, click back to the Preview tab.
- Click the button to Generate Tab Classifieds.
- You should now see a preview of the included ads, with each ad listed by title along with the filename of any included images.
Click Download Tab Zip Archive to download the export file.