Second Street Summit – Smarter Ways to Use Email
Click play to LISTEN to the article below
Session 2 for the day.
June 9 at 3pm EST
“Smarter Ways to Use Email with Quizzes, Polls, Ballots, and More”
Email and Promotions Work Together
87% of new email opt ins come from promotions
The Cycle: Run Promotions. Send Emails. Repeat.
- Follow-up promotions by moving your audience to the next digital action.
- Feature promotions and interactive content in newsletters to capture valuable segmentation data.
- Use segmentation data to send more and better targeted email. Reduce churn, increase opportunities for engagement and revenue.
Group-wide focus on actionable data
- Asking for Permission and Interests. This can be done with gravity forms to get newsletter subscribers to opt in to specific categories or topics.
- Send updates related to interests.
- Acknowledge interests within email. “Looks like you are a music fan, so we thought you’d want to know about this concert coming up downtown”.
Treat your email relationships like…relationships
- Keep an open dialogue and listen
- Be inquisitive and ask questions
- Focus your listening and asking on improving the relationship