There are a couple of reasons why you may want to change the pricing terms of an existing membership:
- Offer a temporary discount
- Natural inflation of your product
- Wanting to charge more
- Changing the billing type (one-time payment to recurring)
These are all very good reasons to update the price of your membership. Additionally, you should make note of the following:
- Whatever you do, do NOT delete your membership to create a different price term if any users currently have active subscriptions to the membership you would like to edit.
- When updating the price of your Membership in MemberPress, the changes will only apply to future signups.
- You will not be able to change the price of current signups (e.g. increase the cost of recurring billings for existing subscriptions)
- All current users will continue on their price until their subscriptions expire.
- This means that if the subscription is recurring, they will keep their recurring price until their subscription is either cancelled and they sign up again, or it naturally expires and they sign up again.
Making the Change
Making the change for the pricing terms of your membership is as simple as navigating to your WordPress Dashboard > MemberPress > Memberships > Edit on the Membership, and then updating the pricing terms and clicking the ‘Update’ button to save the changes.