If you use NewsCycle’s classifieds system for your print classifieds, you are able to export a file that we can then work with to setup a template with for easy import in the future.
Once this template is set-up to match your classifieds file output, follow the following instructions for text-only classifieds. If you have images associated with your classifieds, you’ll need to upload a zip of your text and images to FTP at a similar time every day and we’ll configure a scheduled automatic process to import these files.
Once your template is setup and we’ve tested & confirmed a correct classifieds import, these are the instructions you will follow going forward:
- Go to “All Import” on your backend dashboard and select “New Import”.
- On the “New Import” screen, upload your file.
- A box will then appear – select “New Items” and then select the type of content you’ll be creating from the drop-down box below – in this case, it will be “Classifieds”.
- Click “Continue to Step 2”
- Don’t do anything on the Step 2 page – just click “Continue to Step 3”
- On Step 3, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the drop-down that says “load template” and select “Classifieds” – this is the template we have created for your file to import the right information to the right places.
- Click “Continue to Step 4”
- Do nothing here but click “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
- On this final page, click “Confirm & Run Import” to import your latest classifieds.