When you install the GeoDirectory plugin, you’ll find a number of new GD widgets in the appearance section of your WP admin area.
|Widget name||Can be used on these pages:|
|GD Core widgets|
|GD > Advertise|
|GD > Best of widget|
|GD > CPT Categories|
|GD > CPT Listings|
|GD > Features|
|GD > Flickr Photos|
|GD > GMap Home page|
|GD > GMap Listing page|
|GD > Listing Slider|
|GD > Loginbox|
|GD > Popular Post Category|
|GD > Popular Post View|
|GD > Recent Reviews|
|GD > Related Listing|
|GD > Search|
|GD > Social Like|
|GD > Twitter|
|GD > Related Events Listing|
GD > Advertise widget
- This widget can be added to any section of a GD page or a non-GD page.
- You could use this widget for example to add your AdSense code to the pages and sections of your choice.
- You can also use this widget for any other text or code you’d like to add to your pages.
GD > Best of widget
- This widget can be added to a certain section of a GD page or a non-GD page.
- This widget will create tabs that display a certain amount of listings, according to the categories.
- Choose the number posts and categories to display.
- Limit your excerpt character count.
- Choose tab layout type.
- Choose excerpt type.
- Enable location filter.
Note : Listings would be sorted by ratings and if there are no ratings on the listings, it would be sorted randomly.
GD > CPT Categories widget
- This widget will add a list of categories to your pages:
GD > CPT Listing widget
- This widget will list the CPT images with links.
- Navigate to GD > Custom Post Types > Edit(CPT) > Post Type > Upload Default Image
GD > Features
- This widget can be added to any section of a GD page or a non-GD page.
- This widget will allow you to create blocks that displays an icon, title and description.
GD > Flickr Photos widget
- Designed to be used in a sidebar of any of your pages, but can also be used anywhere else on your site.
- You will need the Flickr ID number for the Flickr user or group whose images you want to use: just follow the link in the widget and follow the instructions there.
- Choose the number of images you want to display.
GD > GMap – Home Page
This will show you google map V3 for Home page with category checkbox selection.
GD > GMap Listing page
This widget can be added to any section of a GD page except the GD Home template.
A map will be added where you added the widget, and will automatically be populated by relevant listings:
|Listings page:||filtered by the location, custom post type and category the visitor has browsed to|
|Search page:||depending on the search performed|
|Detail page:||only adds the location of the particular listing|
|Author page:||filtered by listings submitted or claimed by the user, or by listings added by the user as favorites|
|Map Width:||Enter a width as a percentage or pixels, for example
if you add the widget to a content section, enter 100%, and
if you add the widget to a sidebar, enter the required width in pixels, for example 298
|Map Height:||Enter a height in pixels, or leave blank for the default height|
|Map Zoom Level:||Choose a map zoom level:
1 will show the whole world and 19 will zoom in as far as possible
Note 1: This setting is overwritten if you use Auto Zoom
Note 2: It is recommended to use a zoom level of about 10 if you use the widget on a Detail page
|Map Auto Zoom:||If you tick this box, then the map will automatically zoom to a level that shows all listings
Note: Not recommended if yo use the widget on a Detail page
|Map Sticky:||If you use the widget in a sidebar, this setting will make sure that the map stays visible even if a visitor browses lower than the map.
This is handy on a Listings or Search page, because it allows visitors to pinpoint the location of a listing even when there are lots of listings shown on the one page.
|Mouse Scroll:||Allows visitors to use their mouse to zoom in or out, rather than being restricted by the map control|
GD > Listing Slider
This widget will add a slider of selected listings to any of your GD pages, and can also be used on any non-GD page.
You can only use one Listing Slider per page!
This widget is designed to be used in content sections or full-width sections, it does not work well in sidebars or columns with limited width.
Only listings with images will be shown.
GD > Login Box
This widget will add a login box to any of your GD pages, and can also be used on any non-GD page.
GD > Popular Post Category widget
GD > Popular Post View widget
This widget can be used in Content and Sidebar sections, as well as non-GD pages.
Most of the settings are straight forward, but note the following:
|Title:||This will be used for the heading of the widget.
You can use %posttype_singular_label% or %posttype_plural_label% here.
This is especially useful if you also use the Use current viewing post type setting (see below); in that case the heading will adapt to the post name of your Custom Post Type a visitor is viewing.
For example New %posttype_plural_label% would show as New Places on any Place category page, and as New Events on any Event category page.
|Listing width:||Although this normally can be left empty, this setting allows you to tweak the automatic width of the listing.
For example, if you choose a Two Column Grid View, your listings will be 50% wide.
Entering 48 into this field will adjust the width if necessary to 48%.
Note: Do not enter % as part of this setting, that will confuse some browsers.
|Post Content excerpt character count:||Set this to the number of characters you want to show as part of the listing.
Note: By default, excerpts will only be shown for List View and Two Column Grid View. But excerpts can be shown for all Grid Views by adding this to your CSS:
|Enable Location Filter:||If you tick this box, then any listings shown will be filtered by the location chosen by your visitors.|
|Use current viewing post type:||If you choose this setting, then the listings displayed will be from the same Custom Post Type as the page the visitor is viewing.
See also the Title setting above.
Note: This setting only applies if you add the widget to the GD Listings page.
This widget is automatically added to your GD Search page and the GD Listings pages.
GD > Recent Reviews
This widget will add a Recent Review section to any of your GD pages, and can also be used on any non-GD page.
You can limit the number of reviews to display by inserting a value inside the widget options
GD > Related Listing
GD > Social Like
- This widget has no settings and can be added to any page of your website.
- It will allow your visitors to share the page on their Twitter, Facebook or Google+ pages.
GD > Search
- This widget can be added to any page of your website.
- You can also add this widget using a shortcode.
- There are no settings unless you have the Advanced Search addon activated. The following options can then be selected:
- Default: Custom search options will become available when your visitors click on the Customize Search button
- Open when searched: This setting will show the custom search open when your visitors access your GD Search page, but not on other pages
- Always open: the advanced search options will be available without your visitors having to click on the Customize Search button
GD > Twitter
- With this widget you can embed a variety of Twitter feeds or widgets on your website.
- In your Twitter account, go to Settings > Widgets and create a widget or copy one of the codes.
- Paste the code in the GD > Twitter widget.
GD > Related Events Listing
This Events widget is specifically for the detail pages of your listings, and will show the events that have been submitted for a particular place.
The widget will only work on the default custom post type Places; it will not show on any other custom post type detail pages.
Most of the settings are self-explaining, and are the same as some of the settings of the Popular Post View widget, with one main difference:
|Enable Location Filter:||You can show events at a listing automatically on the detail page of that listing if you have both the Prices Manager Add-on and Events Addon enabled. Just follow these steps: