Audio News in 2022: Automation, Acquisition, & Monetization
Click play to LISTEN to the article below
We looked at news from 2021 on podcasting and saw these trends in Automation, Acquisition, and Monetization:
- New Advertising Opportunities Created by the Audio Podcast Boom | Today in News Tech
- Local Journalism Sustainability Act, Audio Articles Playlists, and Apple Reduces App Revenue Share | Today in News Tech
- News Brief: New Advertising Opportunities Created by the Audio Podcast Boom
- Using Audio for Audience Engagement, Kevin Slimp Announcement, Mobile Displays with Florida Weekly | Today in News Tech
- Apple’s Subscription Podcast Program Grows | Today in News Tech
- When does a newspaper need an app? | Today in News Tech
- Podcasting advice gained from five years of publishing | Today in News Tech
- Evaluating the use of AI for newsrooms | Today in News Tech
- East Aurora Advertiser podcast episode exemplifies use of audio
- E&P Webinar Recap – Apps and Audio News for Mobile Readers
- This week in Journalism: Digital Subscriptions Rising, Text-to-Audio, and more
- All the news that’s fit to podcast: Newspapers try out audio
Audio Articles from Our Hometown
With podcasting experiencing a boom in both audience growth and ad revenue, there’s never been a better time to invest in audio content.
Audio can open up content to an entirely new audience who doesn’t have the time or ability to sit and read the news on a regular basis.
Our Hometown developed Audio Articles as a way for publishers to quickly and easily convert their news stories into easily-consumable audio files.
The text-to-speech is converted automatically using AI and will appear in various forms throughout a publications website. Audio Articles can also be easily uploaded as podcasts via an RSS feed.
- ← Feature Highlight: Social Media Autopost
- Digital Marketing in 2022 brought to you by Our-Hometown →